Check out the information below for a delicious meal that you can make at home.
Spring Strawberry Spinach Salad
Phe (mg): 67
Serving Size: 1 cup (or ¼ recipe)
Calories (kcal): 158
Protein (g): 1.6
Fat (g): 57.2
- 1 bag spinach, prewashed (4 cups)
- 12 large strawberries, washed and sliced
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, mix the spinach and strawberries
- In a blender, place sugar, salt, vinegar, and oil.
- Blend until smooth.
- Stir in poppy seeds.
- Pour over spinach and strawberries and toss to coat.
Nutritional information, including phenylalanine (Phe) counts, are estimated using the Metabolic Pro database created and maintained by Genetic Metabolic Dietitians International (GMDI).
Always consult your dietitian before making changes to your diet.
Love this dish? Share the recipe with your community.
Join the conversation on Facebook and connect with other people and families living with PKU.
Join the PKU & ME program for support and guidance on living a healthy life with PKU.