Check out the information below for a delicious meal that you can make at home.
Taste Connections Pizza Dough
Serving Size: Entire recipe, two 12” pizza crusts (8 servings)
Calories (kcal): 185.1
Protein (g): 0.7
Fat (g): 4.2
- 1 cup warm water (225ml )
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 package (1 Tbsp.) active dry yeast
- 3 ¼ cups (350 grams) TC Bread Mix
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- In a small bowl combine ½ cup water, sugar, and yeast. Stir with a fork to dissolve yeast, and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Place the TC Bread Mix, salt, and olive oil in a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Pulse several times to combine. (Or use a mixer with a dough attachment … or use a big bowl and a wooden spoon)
- Add the yeast mixture and pulse to combine. Add more water, a little at a time and process/mix, until you have a sticky dough. (You may need a little less than 1 cup total). Knead the dough 8 – 10 times.
- Transfer to a lightly oiled bowl and cover. Set in a warm place and allow dough to rise for 20 minutes.
- Cut the dough in half. Form each half into a small circle and then roll out to make a 12-inch pizza.
- Brush with olive oil before adding sauce and toppings.
Notes: A pizza stone helps make the best pizzas. You can brush a crust with oil and bake for just 5 minutes…then when it cools wrap it in plastic wrap and freeze for a later use.
Nutritional information, including phenylalanine (Phe) counts, are estimated using the Metabolic Pro database created and maintained by Genetic Metabolic Dietitians International (GMDI).
Always consult your dietitian before making changes to your diet.
Love this dish? Share the recipe with your community.
Join the conversation on Facebook and connect with other people and families living with PKU.
Join the PKU & ME program for support and guidance on living a healthy life with PKU.