Check out the information below for a delicious meal that you can make at home.
Vegetable Ragout with Garlic Sage Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 cup ragout, 1 biscuit (recipe serves 6)
Calories (kcal): 289.7
Protein (g): 2.3
Fat (g): 12
- 1 cup diced butternut squash
- 1 cup diced leek
- 1 cup diced parsnips
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup non-dairy liquid creamer
- 2 cups low protein baking mix
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp sage powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Partially cook squash and parsnips in salted boiling water.
- Rinse under cool water and set aside.
- Saute leek and celery with 1 tbsp of butter for 1-2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Place vegetables in a baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, blend mushroom soup and non dairy creamer together.
- Pour over vegetables and toss evenly.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the baking mix, garlic salt, sage powder and water until blended. Place 6 mounds of biscuit dough on top of vegetable mixture and lightly press down.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until garlic sage biscuits are golden brown.
Nutritional information, including phenylalanine (Phe) counts, are estimated using the Metabolic Pro database created and maintained by Genetic Metabolic Dietitians International (GMDI).
Always consult your dietitian before making changes to your diet.
Love this dish? Share the recipe with your community.
Join the conversation on Facebook and connect with other people and families living with PKU.
Join the PKU & ME program for support and guidance on living a healthy life with PKU.